Solar Financial Modeling CoursesOur two most popular courses on solar finance are the Solar Executive MBA Training and Financial Modeling for Solar PV Projects. Both of these courses are taught by finance and legal expert Chris Lord, and the Solar MBA training is also taught by co-instructor and solar finance expert Keith Cronin.
We get a lot of questions about these courses and many students want to compare the two. Often students take both of these courses as part of our Solar Finance Masters Series.
First lets review what both courses have in common.
For both courses:
- Students get access to all content upon enrollment and for 1 full year after the session ends
- During the session dates, the instructors will be answering questions on the discussion board, reviewing required project work and hosting a weekly conference call.
- They are both multi-week intensive online courses intended for experienced professionals in the industry.
- An excel financial model tool is included in the course materials and used for your project work. Each model is quite detailed (breakdown of costs, production, etc) but more importantly the models give you the tools and understanding to add any additional details you need.
- International students welcome! Approximately 20-30% of the content is specific to just the United States. The remaining 70-80% would apply to any location internationally. The instructors are very open and supportive of international students and projects.
Solar Executive MBA Training view detailed outline
- 6-week session
- Co-Taught by Chris Lord and Keith Cronin
- Financial model is a little simpler but you get to learn more about the drivers behind Tax Equity, MACRS and ITC
- Inputs for the model are geared a bit more toward a commercial scale project, but the size can be scaled up or down as required.
- More introductory content intended for students who may have experience in solar or finance but desire a better understanding of how commercial solar projects are developed, structured and financed.
Financial Modeling for Solar PV Projects view detailed outline
- 5-week session
- Taught by Chris Lord
- Financial model has more detail and is done as a quarterly model (a little more complex) and also has more complexity to the Partnership Flip model
- Inputs for the model are geared a bit more toward a utility scale project, but the size can be scaled up or down as required.
- Content focuses a little less on the technical/legal issues behind the tax equity investment.
- More advanced content intended for students who already have a good general understanding of how solar projects are developed, structured and financed.
Complete both courses and earn your Solar Finance Masters Series Certificate. If you take both courses, we recommend starting with the Solar Executive MBA Training. Enroll in our series package for additional savings. Each course is offered 4 times per year and you can choose any session.